Last Vlog Post!

Listen to my last vlog post posted below to see how I reflect on what I have learned this semester about the critical issues in education! I enjoyed working with you all this semester and wish you the best of luck throughout the rest of your time at Molloy and in your future!

3 Comments on Last Vlog Post!

1. Jillian Segermeister
    May 2, 2024 at 1:14 am (3 weeks ago)

Hi Kaylee! I really enjoyed listening to your last vlog and what you took from this class as well as what you want in your future classroom as an educator. I completely agree that it is so important to have an inclusive classroom and make sure all of your students feel heard and welcome. As an educator it can definitely be hard to give one student attention at a time so it is definitely important to have time away from learning material and get to know your students as well as your students getting to know you. This not only helps them feel more comfortable but it also builds trust as well as getting a little more insight on what that student might be going through that you were’t aware of prior. Overall great last vlog and good luck with all your future endeavors!

Reply
  2. Malia Savage
    May 2, 2024 at 1:20 am (3 weeks ago)

Hey Kaylee! Happy end of semester to you!! I’m so glad to see that blogging has connected us all to look and expand on each other’s work. I think being able to see my peer’s thoughts and opinions made me want to further my knowledge on these past modules. I agree that it is very important for future teachers to bounce ideas off of each other and be ever evolving. Diversity is a huge topic in school systems today and I can see why you have chosen that one to highlight. Classrooms and schools should cater to every person– especially learners. Creating a safe and welcoming environment for all is so important because we want our students to feel like they belong and it pushes them to be the best version of themselves. You did a great job at telling the viewers how YOU would treat diversity in a classroom setting and I love your ideas and I might even use some for my future classroom. I hope you have a relaxing summer!

Reply
  3. awilliams7
    May 3, 2024 at 3:46 am (2 weeks ago)

Hi Kaylee! I really enjoyed you’re blog post. I also mentioned in my blog post that this allowed us to expand on each other work and I think that’s so important. It made me what to know more of my peers thoughts on certain topics we wrote and talked about. I didn’t even think to mention diversity in my blog post but I loved that you did, students should feel comfortable in the classroom no matter how different they all might be. Creating that safe space for all students to learn is the most important part of teaching you’re own classroom. Once again great job on your blog post, have a great summer!

Reply